Wednesday, March 11, 2009

February Update -- Part I

Eden's dental surgery was on Feb. 3rd. Due to having a cavity behind her top two front teeth, she needed to get it filled and the two teeth capped.

We didn't say anything to Eden about what was going to happen until the day before. The procedure was going to be done at the surgery center so after telling her she had a dentist appointment the next day we also needed to tell her it would be at a different place. She would have said right off, "This isn't the dentist office" if we hadn't told her. I sat her on my lap and told her,........ " the dentist needs to fix your teeth but to do that you will have to go to sleep.....so to help you sleep they will give you a little medicine. Momma talked to the nurse today on the phone and Guess What???!!! She said you get to ride in a red wagon! Doesn't that sound fun!!!!???!!" Of course she loved that idea. I also let her know that Momma and Daddy would be there with her but we knew that she was going to be a very brave girl.


She done excellent!!!! She got to pick out a toy and a movie while waiting in the red wagon. A nurse brought a small cup of medicine and I was hoping and praying she would drink it all up just like she does (now) at home, but there were so many people around her now..... (When she had RSV (Jan 2008) that is when we had to hold, force, etc. oh, I don't like to think about then-----medicine was everywhere, she was screaming bloody murder, I just knew it was going to scar her little mind forever, but several months later when she needed to take some medicine she done a total three sixty and has done good ever since.) The nurse ask if I wanted to give her medicine to her and I did.......So, I bent down and said, "Hey brave girl, this is the medicine that will make you sleepy." Eden opened her mouth, drank & swallowed ALL of the medicine and looked at the nurse standing on the other side of her and said, " Now I need a drink to help it go down to my belly." THAT'S OUR GIRL!!!!! The nurse was so happy to give her "a little" drink and kept telling her what a big girl she was. It wasn't long before our little girl started getting a loopey and then it was time to take her into surgery. They were going to place the gas mask on her to put her under enough to put in the IV, etc. The anesthesiologist asked her if she would like to go for ride in her wagon and that was it, Eden was saying bye to us and taking in our kisses and hugs. ----- We should have asked for some of that medicine to help us....ha...... That was an awful, awful feeling watching her go into surgery. I would tell myself it was dental surgery..... but surgery is surgery and anything could happen.....what if she didn't do well with the anesthesia? But, saying that and feeling the pain in my heart (and stomach), I still found a peace down deep knowing that she was in God's hands. Thank you Lord !!!

Dr Brandi said that everything went well, it was good we didn't wait because the two teeth had gotten a lot worse----fast! (which we knew, but she talked like the teeth wouldn't have lasted but a couple of more months). Eden is also missing some teeth (which we already knew). Dr Brandi was able to get some more x-rays, they are also showing that Eden might be missing a few of her permanent teeth also (on the sides). We will deal with that when that time comes. The doc also commented on the ridges in Eden's teeth being really really deep for baby teeth in someone so young.

When Eden awoke she was NOT happy at all!!! Which was to be expected. This part was worse then going into surgery. She was doing the stiffened body, head thrown back, screaming MAD cry when we got to her. You could tell the nurse was having a hard time, but I immediately took her and once she felt, heard and seen her daddy and me she began to calm down. She would fall back to sleep for a minute or so and then awake crying that soft "Please, momma and daddy -- make the pain go away" cry. Our hearts were breaking. It wasn't long and she was released. After getting into the car she fell back asleep and slept all the way home.







Here is our brave girl not long after getting home from her dental surgery.

And here she is the next morning eating breakfast. She asked for sausage and juice.






A couple days later it was warm enough to get outside for some fresh air.





Pure Beauty!!


A week or so later we had gone through snow, ice and a very bad wind storm. Eden asked to "help" Daddy before taking her nap. It had warmed up again (what strange weather we had in February). She is such a good "little" helper.





I love this picture! It's not so much the pic but what she was doing------running to me. I was on the phone and looked out the side door and decided to snap a few pics of my two loves. When she seen me she laid down her big push broom and came running to me SO excited and squealing. I had opened the door thinking she was coming in, but instead she wraps her arms around by legs and presses her whole body into me, squeezed my legs hard saying, " Mommy, I looooovvvvvvvee you! Isn't it such a beautiful (boo-tee-full) day? The sun is shining!!!!!" " I'm going back to the garage, Daddy might need my help. O.k. --- Bye Mommy!" -------- My heart just melted!!!!! I can't believe I captured this moment and her sweet, pure innocent excitement.


Daddy and Eden


This is another favorite picture ---- Eden reading Clifford the Big Red Dog to our 14 yr old furry family member, Tallie and also to a few of her favorite dolls and her two seahorses. Eden and I both thought that Tallie really enjoyed the Clifford books, ha ha!




Eden with her special Valentine gifts from Daddy.

and.... her Valentine goodie bag from Mommy (and Daddy).




















No comments: