Thursday, July 31, 2008

VBS with Granny Pam

Eden attended a one day VBS with her Granny Pam and cousin Robert. I did worry about her since she would probably miss her nap and with her only a week into potty training but she would be with Granny, I knew she would be taken good care of and Granny would call me if she needed to. VBS was from 10:00am to 4:00pm, Eden made it until 1:00pm. Eden fell asleep within a minute from leaving the church and didn't wake up when I carried her inside the house. Later on that afternoon she was telling me about her time at VBS, that she learned (in her words) about baby Moses in the basket in the water, that Granny took her picture of her holding her name tag, her art project that she poured and had to shake side to side and also she said, "Momma, I cry at vacation bible school." (of course I knew this since Robert had to call me to pick her up and also that was the first thing she had said to me when I picked her up) I asked, "Why sweetie, you where having fun?" She replied, "I cry for my Momma and Daddy", I want them and Momma, I have an accident at vacation bible school. Granny changed my pull-up." I had told her that that was o.k. if it happened. So after she said this to me I reassured her that it was o.k. that she did good at VBS and she might have some accidents but it was o.k. she was still doing so well with potty training. Her reply was "But Momma, I had two accidents. That's what started it Momma, that's why I started to cry for my Momma and Daddy." Of course it being her nap time come in to play also but still my heart broke and melted at the same time. All I could do was go to her and hold and hug her and I never wanted to let go.





No comments: