Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our little girl is growing up

You might just think these are only pictures of our little baby girl playing in the park. That is true but when I see these pictures of Eden, my thoughts are "This is the last day my baby wore a diaper. My little baby is now growing into a little girl."
It was time. I knew it was time a month or two ago but.....she's a baby, she's my baby. The big day was Saturday, July 12th. When I took her diaper off that morning it was as dry as when I had put it on her from the night before and since then she has only had three "overnight" accidents in her pull-up while sleeping. Eden went straight from a diaper to Big girl underwear and she is doing amazing!!! It's been about three weeks now. She wears a pull-up while sleeping and when we leave to go out, but she will do her best not to "go" in her pull-up. I will have to give it to her, because she has had very few accidents in them. But, first thing in the morning and/or as soon as we get home she gets that pull-up off and puts her "panties" back on.
Eden loves the praise, high fives and most of all the rewards for using her Elmo potty. She gets a coin or two after using the potty. She will go straight to her new vending machine bank that we had found at Wal-Mart. The vending machine bank gets filled with M&M's, Skittles, Starbursts, Bubble Gum, Bandages(she loves playing with them), nail polish, PEZ candy, Dora hairbands, etc. We also started another reward system that we call "Pulling from the Pillowcase". This just happens about once a week but Eden loves the surprise of what she might pull out. Even now, three weeks into potty training she is doing so well and I'm also beginning to notice that the praise we give her is enough for her accomplishment. We don't seem to be going to the vending machine every time now. She is our baby! Now, she is our "little" Big girl.



No comments: