Saturday, November 3, 2007

SEEING OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!






After many months of waiting, one year ago today (Nov. 3, 2006) was the day that we seen our precious daughter for the first time.

The day started early. Who could sleep??!!!!! Eddie and I talked several times on the phone that morning. As soon as the referral package arrived, Mom & I would be leaving to meet Eddie in London, KY. Not really knowing what time the delivery would come, we went ahead and got ready and it was a good thing........"THE BIG BROWN STORK ARRIVED" at approximately 9:20am and when the driver came to the door I was already snapping pictures. I told him that he had a very precious package and that I had to meet my husband in London to open it, that we wanted to see her face for the first time together and if everything went the way we hoped, that we would be in China with her around Christmas. He was so thrilled for us!! What happened next just confirmed to me AGAIN that GOD is in control of everything. HE placed adoption in our hearts several years ago, but HE knew when the time would be and then HE showed us in so many wonderful and touching ways that it was time. HE gave us such a peace in our hearts when we followed HIS direction and started our adoption for Eden. Not only did HE bless us with the BIGGEST BLESSING OF ALL, a beautiful child, but along our journey HE gave us so MANY "surprise" blessings and this was one of them......The UPS driver said that he would like to PRAY for our daughter in China, to pray over our referral, would that be o.k.? YES!!!!!YES!!!! I will say that it did take me by surprise. He prayed a beautiful prayer and Mom and I both were crying by the end of it. God's love is the GREATEST!! When we arrived in London, Eddie was standing in the parking lot waiting for us. I barely had the vehicle stopped when he opened the door, kissed me and wanted to see the package. I had asked Mom to take pictures for us........."just keep on snapping"......that's what I remember telling her. (Thanks Mom!!!!! You done a great job!!) When we opened the package and seen her face......words can't describe what we were feeling.....We will never forget it!!! Our beautiful baby girl, it made everything so real now. We wanted to leave for China that day!! We will remember every little detail of that day forever!!! We were so overjoyed and our hearts were overflowing with love for our child!!! The Lord also gave us a very beautiful and sunny day. I remember the sky being so clear and blue.

1 comment:

Ashley Fowlkes said...

What a happy day! I love these photos, and your story is beautiful. I miss you guys, but I love that we'll be able to see each others' girls grow through our blogs. Take care!